A Letter from the BicycLincoln Board of Directors
This year marks a new phase for BicycLincoln. In 2018 we will finalize our 501(c)3 non-profit status. This will allow us to take a more formal role in a variety of projects, from seeking grants to partnering with both private and public entities to develop programming.
As part of taking this step, BicycLincoln is expanding its board and encourages anyone passionate about increasing cycling for transportation to apply. Additionally, we will move to a member-based structure to better leverage the talents of those who may not have the time to serve on the board, but who have a keen interest in particular projects or activities.
In addition to partnering with other groups to promote cycling in Lincoln, BicycLincoln’s 2018 activities include the following:
- April 27 – National Bike Challenge Kick-Off Party
- May – National Bike Month
- Bike to School Day (May 9)
- Cyclofemme (Mother’s Day, May 13)
- Bike to Work Week (May 14-18)
- Bike to Work Day (May 18)
- May 1 – September 30 – National Bike Challenge
- Fridays – #FridayBike
- Last Friday of the month – Bike Club
- October 13 (tentative) – National Bike Challenge Party
- BicycLincoln Annual Member Meeting – Date TBD
We’re excited about the opportunities 2018 brings and hope you will join us! Submit your board application today!