Girls Getting Rad Community Event will take place on Saturday, April 24 frrom 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. at Van Dorn Park in Lincoln.
The event, sponsored by the National Interscholastic Cycling Association (NICA) and the Nebraska Interscholastic Cycling League (NICL), will include activities for all female-identifying students ages 10-19 to learn basic mountain biking skills from trained female coaches.
The Cost is $25 to participate, including a fun bicycle ride, learning how to fix-a-flat, how to make jewelry out of recycled bike parts and yoga designed for bicycle riders. Participants will also receive swag while also learning about the mountain-biking revolution happening in Nebraska.
When: Saturday, April 24th 12-4 pm at
Where: Van Dorn Park in Lincoln (Van Dorn St & S 9th St)
Who: All female-identifying students ages 10-19 (ALL skill levels) welcome!
• Learn basic mountain biking skills from trained female coaches!
• Go on a Fun Ride!
• Get swag!
• Learn to make jewelry out of recycled bike parts!
• Learn how to fix-a-flat!
• Learn yoga designed for bike riders!
• Fun games on and off the bike!
• Learn about the mountain-biking revolution happening in NE!
• Learn about opportunities for female-identifying athletes!
What to Bring: mountain bike and helmet. Wear comfortable clothes and shoes. Don’t have a bike and/or a helmet? Let us know and we will try to help!
Questions? Contact Bree Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org or Janna Vavra at email@example.com